A fond farewell
Islington Parks Service said goodbye to its longest serving team member this week. After 46 years of dedicated service, Brian Johnson has decided to hang up his secateurs and turn off his lawnmower for a well-earned retirement.
Brian started with Islington Council as an apprentice gardener in 1972 and has worked in Islington ever since. His hands have probably helped maintain every park and housing estate in the borough over the years.
Because of his knowledge and skill, Brian has helped train many apprentices over his time with Islington, many of whom still work for the council today.
Thank you Brian for your contribution to Islington. We wish you all the best in your retirement!
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019