A Royal visit
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took part in final preparations for a Commonwealth Big Lunch at St Luke’s Central Street Cookery School on Thursday 22 March. They also toured the Community Centre and social enterprise Café, and met users of the Centre in Central Street.
Michael Ryan, St Luke’s CEO said: “It was a pleasure to show the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge what we do, and introduce them to so many of our service users who rely on this community hub. The Big Lunch embodies what St Luke’s is all about – bringing the community together.”
Among service users who met the Duke and Duchess were those who attend the Multicultural Group, Job Club, Growing Connections gardening group and members of the over 55s members’ club.
The Big Lunch is an initiative run by Eden Project Communities, aiming to bring communities and neighbours together to celebrate. St Luke’s Community Centre holds a Big Lunch in June every year.
Photograph attached from Victoria Dawe.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019