A Royal visit
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took part in final preparations for a Commonwealth Big Lunch at St Luke’s Central Street Cookery School on Thursday 22 March. They also toured the Community Centre and social enterprise Café, and met users of the Centre in Central Street.
Michael Ryan, St Luke’s CEO said: “It was a pleasure to show the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge what we do, and introduce them to so many of our service users who rely on this community hub. The Big Lunch embodies what St Luke’s is all about – bringing the community together.”
Among service users who met the Duke and Duchess were those who attend the Multicultural Group, Job Club, Growing Connections gardening group and members of the over 55s members’ club.
The Big Lunch is an initiative run by Eden Project Communities, aiming to bring communities and neighbours together to celebrate. St Luke’s Community Centre holds a Big Lunch in June every year.
Photograph attached from Victoria Dawe.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019