Archway Park reopening
It was smiles all round at Archway Park on Saturday (September 30) as the Mayor of Islington officially re-opened the gates following a £500,000 transformation.
The park, which sits at the junction of St John’s Way and Archway Road, now has better landscaping and lighting, as well as brand new play and sports facilities, including a long slide which the park was always known for.
Mayor of Islington, Cllr Una O’Halloran, speaking at the event, said: “The children here today love the new equipment and I think this will quickly become an important and much-loved space in Archway.”
See some of our photos from the event.
Local families joined the Mayor of Islington to celebrate the reopening of the park
Erin enjoys trying out the new swings
Daredevil Harry tries out the new slide
Dila shows off her face-painting
Cinar and Nathaniel play a game on the new multi-use ball court
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019