Blooms brighten busy town centre
Islington in Bloom, the annual gardening competition, has got the borough blooming with beautiful flowers from Archway to Old Street. Even in unlikely places like the middle of the Holloway Road.
The Nag’s Head A1 flower baskets bring joy and pride to the area and help to attract shoppers from local neighbourhoods and further afield, providing a boost for local businesses.
Neil Quinlan, store manager of Selbys and Chair of the Nag’s Head Town Centre Management Group, said: “The flowers really brighten up the area and make a difference to shoppers. My customers have commented on how nice they are, so we are pleased they have been planted again this year. Hopefully they will get entered and do well in Islington in Bloom.”
Much of the cost was generously met by Cervidae, the asset managers for the Nags Head Shopping Centre, as part of a £10,000 donation that also goes towards the Christmas lights and switch on event.
Nick Kertesz of Cervidae, said: “We are pleased to have been able to contributed to the Nag’s Head holiday lights and planters for the third consecutive year.”
Islington in Bloom is now closed, but make sure you come back to find out who has won this year’s competition later this year.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019