Christmas for locals at St Luke’s Community Centre
St Luke’s Community Centre is asking people to donate to its Christmas Giving Campaign this year, so they can give a present to every local resident who attends their special Christmas Day and members’ lunches.
CEO Michael Ryan explains: “Christmas can be a lonely time for some members of our community, particularly the elderly and disadvantaged. We strive throughout the year to alleviate loneliness and social isolation, so Christmas is an important time to really bring everyone together in our community hub. Being able to give everyone a gift is a special part of the day.”
- Saturday 8th December, 12-4pm: annual Christmas Fayre, with fun for all the family including crafting and cooking, live music, dancing, singing and much more. All welcome, free admission.
- Thursday 20th December, 12-4pm: our over 55s members’ lunch with singing and dancing.
- Christmas Day, 12-4pm: meal and party for anyone in Islington who might be by themselves on the day. Bookings must be made in advance at St Luke’s reception. Transport can be arranged.
If you would like to make a donation, the JustGiving URL is: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/stlukes-christmas-giving-2018?suc
Or choose a gift on our John Lewis Gift List number 750253. List closes on 7th December 2018
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019