Community spirit at the Angel
Community spirit is very much alive and well at the Angel following the floods that happened in the early hours of Monday 5 December.
Islington’s community has rallied behind the businesses and shops that were affected by the flood to help them recover.
“A big thank you to everyone who pitched in and swept, shovelled, cleared, jet-washed, lifted, carried, came round with hot drinks and general moral support for distressed residents and beleaguered businesses,” said angel.london’s Jackie Ambrosini.
“A big thank you to all the businesses who have generously offered help be it recycled tables, office space, internet access, security guards, and muscle for lifting.
“But the best thing we can all do to make sure the jewel in the Angels’ crown that is Camden Passage continues to sparkle is to buy all our Christmas gifts there and help all our quirky interesting unique businesses thrive.
“We are delighted to report that community spirit is very much alive and well at the Angel.”
So head down to Camden Passage for your Christmas shopping and support your local businesses.
- Improving Astey’s Row playground 10 December 2018
- New home for Christmas 10 December 2018
- Give the gift of giving this Christmas 3 December 2018
- Calling choir members to shower singers 30 November 2018
- Do you know an unsung hero? 26 November 2018
- Islington’s British Empire Medal winner 26 November 2018