Eating sustainably and healthily
Food that’s good for your body is often good for the environment too.
Eating healthier foods gives us a double-whammy – like going to the gym and taking out the recycling at the same time.
Eat well for you, and you’re eating well for the planet.
Ingredients like beans, pulses, fruits and veggies are packed full of the goodies we need, and also take less space and water to grow.
Plus, when we bulk up our food with veg, it goes further – saving us money.
Ca-ching! Now that’s something everyone should know a-sprout.
Did you know?
If everyone in London went meat free one day a week we could reduce harmful greenhouse gases by over 450,000 tonnes per year? That has the same impact as taking 1700 cars off the road!
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019