Energy Doctor in the Home
Islington’s Energy Doctors in the Home offer low income and vulnerable residents simple energy saving measures including low energy light bulbs, draught proofing, reflective radiator panels, and water saving devices to help them take control of their energy use.
They give advice on using heating controls best, switching off appliances when not in use, and understanding gas and electricity bills.
With about 20 per cent of homes in Islington struggling to pay their energy bills, in-home advice and small energy saving measures can typically save around 10 per cent on energy bills.
Islington’s Energy Doctors have visited 6,500 homes in the borough so far.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019