Energy Doctor in the Home
Islington’s Energy Doctors in the Home offer low income and vulnerable residents simple energy saving measures including low energy light bulbs, draught proofing, reflective radiator panels, and water saving devices to help them take control of their energy use.
They give advice on using heating controls best, switching off appliances when not in use, and understanding gas and electricity bills.
With about 20 per cent of homes in Islington struggling to pay their energy bills, in-home advice and small energy saving measures can typically save around 10 per cent on energy bills.
Islington’s Energy Doctors have visited 6,500 homes in the borough so far.
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020
- Biography of a carer: Barney 12 June 2020
- Make your own face covering 10 June 2020