Energy Doctor in the Home
Islington’s Energy Doctors in the Home offer low income and vulnerable residents simple energy saving measures including low energy light bulbs, draught proofing, reflective radiator panels, and water saving devices to help them take control of their energy use.
They give advice on using heating controls best, switching off appliances when not in use, and understanding gas and electricity bills.
With about 20 per cent of homes in Islington struggling to pay their energy bills, in-home advice and small energy saving measures can typically save around 10 per cent on energy bills.
Islington’s Energy Doctors have visited 6,500 homes in the borough so far.
- Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park 20 October 2017
- Support for neighbours over 65 18 October 2017
- Dolly Parton calls for Story Starter volunteers 17 October 2017
- Celebrating Islington’s social enterprises 13 October 2017
- Fighting food poverty 13 October 2017
- Honouring Islington’s famous stage 11 October 2017