Enjoy a clean air walk
You can now protect yourself from pollution with a quicker, quieter route from the Whittington Hospital to the shops, cafes and restaurants of Archway town centre.
Enjoy stepping away from the grey of the main roads and towards the multi-coloured clean air walk in a hidden corner of Archway. The route passes a lovely park, children’s playground and a mural depicting lichen close up. This extraordinary organism only grows in places where the air is clean.
Taking a side road instead of a main road can reduce your exposure to pollution by 20 per cent. Pollution is harmful to us all and especially bad for children, the elderly and those with existing health problems.
Here’s the map, let us know what you think, email.
Read more about how Islington improving air quality
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019