Enjoy a clean air walk
You can now protect yourself from pollution with a quicker, quieter route from the Whittington Hospital to the shops, cafes and restaurants of Archway town centre.
Enjoy stepping away from the grey of the main roads and towards the multi-coloured clean air walk in a hidden corner of Archway. The route passes a lovely park, children’s playground and a mural depicting lichen close up. This extraordinary organism only grows in places where the air is clean.
Taking a side road instead of a main road can reduce your exposure to pollution by 20 per cent. Pollution is harmful to us all and especially bad for children, the elderly and those with existing health problems.
Here’s the map, let us know what you think, email.
Read more about how Islington improving air quality
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019