Finsbury Park anniversary
Islington came together to mark the first anniversary of the Finsbury Park terrorist attack. We remembered the victims, paid tribute to all those affected and celebrated the strength and spirit of the borough’s community.
On the evening of Monday 18 June, and into the early hours of Tuesday 19 June, there has been light display of #LondonUnited on the outside of Muslim Welfare House in Finsbury Park. This is part of an initiative by the Mayor of London and the Greater London Authority.
On Tuesday 19 June we met outside Islington Town Hall on Upper Street to hear words of remembrance and hold a minute’s silence at 9.30am.
On Saturday 23 June, the Islington Faiths Forum is hosting a ‘Great Get Together’, from 2pm to 3.30pm in the courtyard of Muslim Welfare House to bring the community together in peace and mutual understanding. There are a number of other Great Get Together events taking place over the same weekend.
There is also a Book of Hope in the reception of the Town Hall for people to add their messages. Please come along and enter your message of strength, hope and solidarity.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019