Free hire of Assembly Hall
Photo: Moveme Dance – Photographer: John Wilson
Applications are now open for the next round of the Islington Assembly Hall Free Hires schemes for events in the hall on selected dates between July and September 2018. Deadline for applications will be noon on Friday 1ST December 2017.
Run in collaboration with Islington Council’s Arts and VCS teams, Islington Assembly Hall offers local community and arts organisations the chance to apply for a free hire of the prestigious grade-II listed venue to hold an event.
Last year several organisations won a free hire slot and held various events. These included the Cubitt Arts Spring Ball, a contemporary tea dance for the over-55s, the Islington Veterans Association, 70th anniversary of VE Day, and a Sport Islington celebration of local young sports stars.
Successful applications must demonstrate a commitment to provide an event or activity with a borough-wide impact that focuses on at least one of the following four areas: community cohesion; children and young people; diversity; and creative ways of engaging local residents.
To apply and for more information, visit the Assembly Hall hire page.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019