Free school meals
Did you know Islington Council is one of just a few councils in London to provide free school meals to all nursery and primary school children in the borough? If your child in Year 3 or above at an Islington school, good news, they can still get free school meals! But you need to register – click here
Marjon Williers is the council’s dietician for schools and early years. She assesses Islington’s school menus to make sure they’re balanced and healthy.
Marjon says: “Part of my job is to check that school menus have enough fresh fruit and vegetables and don’t include any unnecessary additives. New menus are available every term so there is lots of variety.”
But Marjon’s job is much more than making sure school children are offered healthy, balanced meals. She also advises schools on subjects like food allergies, diabetes, drinking water provision and even trains lunchtime supervisors and breakfast club co-ordinators.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019