How Akiko creates a difference!
Creative activities are a brilliant way to bring people together, develop new skills and even help improve your job prospects. As part of our bid to be the 2019 London Borough of Culture, we are on the lookout for local people like Akiko, who are up for sharing their talents with others. We can give you support and possibly even funding to get you’re your ideas off the ground!
Akiko has been sharing her culture with other Islington residents for many years. She has set up a foundation which promotes health and well-being through Japanese arts, dance and cooking workshops. Her mission is to make arts and culture accessible to everyone in the community.
“I work especially with older people and love to see the unity that my workshops can bring,” she says. “I get feedback from older people saying that my workshops help them feel part of the community and that they have found a new love arts and culture.”
We would love to hear from more people like Akiko. If you – or someone you know – could create a difference please check out this page.
- Improving Astey’s Row playground 10 December 2018
- New home for Christmas 10 December 2018
- Give the gift of giving this Christmas 3 December 2018
- Calling choir members to shower singers 30 November 2018
- Do you know an unsung hero? 26 November 2018
- Islington’s British Empire Medal winner 26 November 2018