How Jo creates a difference!
Creative activities are a brilliant way to bring people together, develop new skills and even help improve your job prospects. As part of our bid to be the 2019 London Borough of Culture, we are on the lookout for local people like Jo who are up for sharing their talents with others. We can give you support and possibly even funding to get you’re your ideas off the ground!
Jo is an Islington resident who has made a career out of her creativity. She is an internationally recognised composer and sound artist and has won prizes for her work. Islington and its people are a big inspiration for Jo, and a number of her projects have been focused on communities. She says: “All the projects I’ve worked on have helped boost confidence in both myself and the people I work with.”
“Islington is great for a creative person. I’ve really benefitted from living there. On my housing estate I’ve seen the benefit of improved access to the arts but there is still more to be done, so residents should get involved with Islington’s London Borough of Culture bid!”
We would love to hear from more people like Jo! If you – or someone you know – could create a difference please check out this page.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019