How Jo creates a difference!
Creative activities are a brilliant way to bring people together, develop new skills and even help improve your job prospects. As part of our bid to be the 2019 London Borough of Culture, we are on the lookout for local people like Jo who are up for sharing their talents with others. We can give you support and possibly even funding to get you’re your ideas off the ground!
Jo is an Islington resident who has made a career out of her creativity. She is an internationally recognised composer and sound artist and has won prizes for her work. Islington and its people are a big inspiration for Jo, and a number of her projects have been focused on communities. She says: “All the projects I’ve worked on have helped boost confidence in both myself and the people I work with.”
“Islington is great for a creative person. I’ve really benefitted from living there. On my housing estate I’ve seen the benefit of improved access to the arts but there is still more to be done, so residents should get involved with Islington’s London Borough of Culture bid!”
We would love to hear from more people like Jo! If you – or someone you know – could create a difference please check out this page.
- Improving Astey’s Row playground 10 December 2018
- New home for Christmas 10 December 2018
- Give the gift of giving this Christmas 3 December 2018
- Calling choir members to shower singers 30 November 2018
- Do you know an unsung hero? 26 November 2018
- Islington’s British Empire Medal winner 26 November 2018