Improving Astey’s Row playground
Astey’s Row playground is getting a facelift and work is starting on Monday 7 January 2019.
Taking New River Walk as its inspiration, the new design extends the existing rock garden to create a winding, playful landscape with pockets of bold and adventurous play for all ages.
The playground will also become home to a bug hotel, a bog garden and the multi-use games area (MUGA) will be upgraded, creating a space that will have something for everyone!
The design is based around natural play, with a boulder-scape being installed, as well as a tree-top trail and water play. The ever-popular sandpit is staying. A bog garden and stag beetle hotel is also going to be included to help increase biodiversity and add a new dimension to Astey’s Row. The bug hotel is a structure created to provide shelter for insects to give them a helping hand in today’s harsh environment.
The works mean that the playground will be closed from Monday 7 January 2019 for 12 weeks.
Find out more about this project here
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019