National art competition winners
Young residents transformed construction hoardings into art, with help from partnership housing developer Lovell.
Lovell invited the young residents of Dover Court estate – where the company is undertaking a major regeneration programme for Islington Council – to paint the hoardings around the site. Around 20 young people from the estate brought the hoardings to life.
The young artists are now celebrating after their colourful murals were chosen as a winner in the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s national Hoarding Competition. They have been presented with medals, certificates and goody bags, as well as a trophy and celebratory banner.
- Improving Astey’s Row playground 10 December 2018
- New home for Christmas 10 December 2018
- Give the gift of giving this Christmas 3 December 2018
- Calling choir members to shower singers 30 November 2018
- Do you know an unsung hero? 26 November 2018
- Islington’s British Empire Medal winner 26 November 2018