Islington’s insulation robot
The Q-Bot is a clever small robot vehicle that Islington council is using to insulate under suspended timber floors in draughty old homes where residents with serious health needs live.
Many older homes have suspended timber floors and these small spaces are very difficult to insulate without the hassle and expense involved in lifting the floorboards.
The Q-Bot can easily get into these spaces to insulate directly under the floorboards saving the resident an average of £220 a year on their energy bills.
This is part of the work the council is doing to make energy cheaper and greener in the borough. Read more about the new technologies being used here.
- Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park 20 October 2017
- Support for neighbours over 65 18 October 2017
- Dolly Parton calls for Story Starter volunteers 17 October 2017
- Celebrating Islington’s social enterprises 13 October 2017
- Fighting food poverty 13 October 2017
- Honouring Islington’s famous stage 11 October 2017