Islington’s insulation robot
The Q-Bot is a clever small robot vehicle that Islington council is using to insulate under suspended timber floors in draughty old homes where residents with serious health needs live.
Many older homes have suspended timber floors and these small spaces are very difficult to insulate without the hassle and expense involved in lifting the floorboards.
The Q-Bot can easily get into these spaces to insulate directly under the floorboards saving the resident an average of £220 a year on their energy bills.
This is part of the work the council is doing to make energy cheaper and greener in the borough. Read more about the new technologies being used here.
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020
- Biography of a carer: Barney 12 June 2020
- Make your own face covering 10 June 2020