Make a difference to someone sleeping rough
Rough sleeping is awful at any time of the year, but more so during the winter months. If you want to help make a real difference to someone rough sleeping this winter, please consider making a donation to the Islington Giving Homeless Catalyst Fund
The fund will provide small grants of up to £500 directly to people sleeping on the streets, or who have a recent history of rough sleeping in Islington. This includes people who Islington Council have supported into accommodation but continue to work with – people in hostels and temporary accommodation from rough sleeping.
Every single penny given will go to people in need, and grants will be tailored towards the individuals needs and aspirations.
To find out more and make a donation, visit Islingtongiving.org.uk
What else can you do to help?
- If you are concerned about someone rough sleeping, contact Streetlink: Call 0300 500 0914 or visit www.streetlink.org
- Talk to the person. Being kind and interested can be invaluable
- Buy a copy of The Big Issue magazine from a registered vendor
- Volunteer your time to one of our local charities who support homelessness people
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019