Make your Christmas ‘green’
Most residents in Islington recycle regularly and Christmas need not be any different. There are loads of ways that you can make your festive season environmentally-friendly with these easy tips.
You can find out lots of ways to make the most of your Christmas leftovers by searching recipe ideas online. But if you have a food waste recycling bin (all street properties and many flats do), you can recycle all your food left overs into lovely new compost.
Christmas cards and wrapping paper
You could keep your Christmas cards and use them for gift tags next year! Otherwise, you can recycle all your Christmas cards and wrapping paper, unless it is glittery or metalised wrapping paper (if you scrunch it and it stays scrunched, it can be recycled!)
Fold and flatten cardboard before putting it out for recycling. If you’re using a communal recycling bin, please help keep them tidy by putting the cardboard inside the bins. Please remove plastic wrap and masking tape if you can.
Cans and bottles
These can all be recycled in your green box, your clear recycling sack, or your nearest communal recycling site.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019