Make your Christmas ‘green’
Most residents in Islington recycle regularly and Christmas need not be any different. There are loads of ways that you can make your festive season environmentally-friendly with these easy tips.
You can find out lots of ways to make the most of your Christmas leftovers by searching recipe ideas online. But if you have a food waste recycling bin (all street properties and many flats do), you can recycle all your food left overs into lovely new compost.
Christmas cards and wrapping paper
You could keep your Christmas cards and use them for gift tags next year! Otherwise, you can recycle all your Christmas cards and wrapping paper, unless it is glittery or metalised wrapping paper (if you scrunch it and it stays scrunched, it can be recycled!)
Fold and flatten cardboard before putting it out for recycling. If you’re using a communal recycling bin, please help keep them tidy by putting the cardboard inside the bins. Please remove plastic wrap and masking tape if you can.
Cans and bottles
These can all be recycled in your green box, your clear recycling sack, or your nearest communal recycling site.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019