National Refill Day
Reduce plastic pollution, use a reusable bottle and refill on the go.
Lots of cafes and businesses have agreed to allow people to refill their refillable bottles with tap water free of charge. To find out where they are simply download the refill app or look out for the sticker in the window.
Wednesday 19 June 2019 is National Refill Day so make sure you use your refill bottle then too!
To help celebrate the day and to launch the new drinking fountain at Navigation Square. Islington Council is looking for volunteers to spend half a day on National Refill Day to promote the message to the public and also to get out and about in cafes and restaurants in Archway and beyond to encourage businesses to sign up to the refill app. Book your place here.
Every time someone refills a bottle rather than throwing a plastic one away we are reducing the amount of plastic that reaches the ocean. Many plastic bottles end up in our oceans and rivers- impacting wildlife. Ten per cent of litter in the Thames is from plastic bottles with the average Londoner using 175 plastic water bottles every year.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019