With the competition now closed and the judging completed, Islington In Bloom entrants have an anxious wait. It has been a whopping year, with 215 entries received – up 60 per cent on 2016 – and the standard has been as high as ever!
The most popular category by far is the Best Front Garden, followed by Best Container Garden and Best Tree Pit. There are 13 categories in total.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at Islington Assembly Hall on Wednesday 13 September.
In the meantime, judges for London In Bloom are due to visit the borough in early July, and Britain In Bloom judges are due to come in August.
A big thank you to everyone who entered, keep watering and good luck!
- Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park 20 October 2017
- Support for neighbours over 65 18 October 2017
- Dolly Parton calls for Story Starter volunteers 17 October 2017
- Celebrating Islington’s social enterprises 13 October 2017
- Fighting food poverty 13 October 2017
- Honouring Islington’s famous stage 11 October 2017