Saving the council money
We continue with our energy series looking at the different ways the council is making it cleaner and greener for residents.
This time we’re looking at the energy-saving measures have saved the council over £250,000, which is being invested in front line services.
LED lighting and ventilation improvements have made their buildings more energy efﬁcient and reduced running costs.
We installed enough solar panels to cover 11 tennis courts last year. That’s over 3,000 m2 of solar panels which are delivering over 400,000 kWh of green electricity to help reduce the amount of electricity the council buys, giving it more income and helping reduce its CO2 emissions by 251 tonnes per year.
- Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park 20 October 2017
- Support for neighbours over 65 18 October 2017
- Dolly Parton calls for Story Starter volunteers 17 October 2017
- Celebrating Islington’s social enterprises 13 October 2017
- Fighting food poverty 13 October 2017
- Honouring Islington’s famous stage 11 October 2017