Saving the council money
We continue with our energy series looking at the different ways the council is making it cleaner and greener for residents.
This time we’re looking at the energy-saving measures have saved the council over £250,000, which is being invested in front line services.
LED lighting and ventilation improvements have made their buildings more energy efﬁcient and reduced running costs.
We installed enough solar panels to cover 11 tennis courts last year. That’s over 3,000 m2 of solar panels which are delivering over 400,000 kWh of green electricity to help reduce the amount of electricity the council buys, giving it more income and helping reduce its CO2 emissions by 251 tonnes per year.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019