Shop Local in Finsbury Park
Salt the Radish is a café and coffee shop that also serves breakfast, brunch and homemade cakes. They employ a team of seven people and are frequented by local residents of all ages.
“Before the Covid-19 pandemic, business was very good, but during the lockdown, we closed for two months. We thought this would be the best thing to do for staff and customer safety to help flatten the curve.
“We adapted our business by focusing on our online shop, selling merchandise, spice mixes, and gift cards.
“Now that lockdown has lifted, business is slowly picking up again and we have had lovely support from the local community.
“We are now only taking online orders through the hatch, with a very limited number of sit-in customers, who need to be 1.5 metres apart. We have had to start taking customer details and doing lots of cleaning in order to meet Covid-19 safety guidelines.”
When asked about the challenges being faced by local businesses, they told us: “Use it or lose it. We need your help and continued support, shop local rather than with chains.”
For information on the support available to local businesses, visit www.islington.gov.uk/business/coronavirus-information-for-business
- Reasons to shop local 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Shop local in Holloway 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu 20 October 2020
- Your community, your neighbours, #YouRIslington 19 October 2020
- How Kelly found new work in the care sector 15 October 2020
- Shop Local in Finsbury Park 14 October 2020