Smart energy – giving residents control
Our energy series continues where we look at some of the different ways the council is making it cleaner and greener for residents. This time its smart technology for home heating controls.
Islington Council is upgrading heating controls on the Redbrick Estate with new smart timers. All the individual control systems in the flats feed back to the main estate boiler system, which will then know exactly how much heat it needs to produce at any one time. That means less energy use and lower energy bills!
- Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park 20 October 2017
- Support for neighbours over 65 18 October 2017
- Dolly Parton calls for Story Starter volunteers 17 October 2017
- Celebrating Islington’s social enterprises 13 October 2017
- Fighting food poverty 13 October 2017
- Honouring Islington’s famous stage 11 October 2017