Smart energy – giving residents control
Our energy series continues where we look at some of the different ways the council is making it cleaner and greener for residents. This time its smart technology for home heating controls.
Islington Council is upgrading heating controls on the Redbrick Estate with new smart timers. All the individual control systems in the flats feed back to the main estate boiler system, which will then know exactly how much heat it needs to produce at any one time. That means less energy use and lower energy bills!
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019