Solar battery storage
Islington Council is keeping an eye on the sunshine! An exciting pilot study has seen battery storage technology installed in people’s homes in Islington, Camden, and Waltham Forest. The battery systems, funded by NEA, store electricity generated by solar panels. By capturing the sun’s energy residents will be able to use the spare electricity at night when they may need it. The ‘smart’ batteries make sure that they only charge when there is spare energy created by the Solar panels.
As long summer days are finally here we can see the full potential of the British-made batteries alongside the Solar PV panels. The batteries are manufactured by Moixa who monitor them throughout the day to check they are performing correctly. The information will also show how different people’s energy usage or lifestyles may have an impact on the potential energy savings.
- Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park 20 October 2017
- Support for neighbours over 65 18 October 2017
- Dolly Parton calls for Story Starter volunteers 17 October 2017
- Celebrating Islington’s social enterprises 13 October 2017
- Fighting food poverty 13 October 2017
- Honouring Islington’s famous stage 11 October 2017