Solar battery storage
Islington Council is keeping an eye on the sunshine! An exciting pilot study has seen battery storage technology installed in people’s homes in Islington, Camden, and Waltham Forest. The battery systems, funded by NEA, store electricity generated by solar panels. By capturing the sun’s energy residents will be able to use the spare electricity at night when they may need it. The ‘smart’ batteries make sure that they only charge when there is spare energy created by the Solar panels.
As long summer days are finally here we can see the full potential of the British-made batteries alongside the Solar PV panels. The batteries are manufactured by Moixa who monitor them throughout the day to check they are performing correctly. The information will also show how different people’s energy usage or lifestyles may have an impact on the potential energy savings.
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020
- Biography of a carer: Barney 12 June 2020
- Make your own face covering 10 June 2020