Step down Clean Air Walk
Have you taken a stroll down Islington’s new Clean Air Walk between Kings Cross and Angel? This walking route takes you away from the busy Pentonville Road with all its noise, pollution and stress, and takes you along a much nicer, healthier, quieter and calmer route. You can even hear birds singing!
The route takes the same amount of time to walk – around 14 minutes – and is much better for your health. Taking a side road instead of a main road can reduce your exposure to pollution by 20 per cent. Not to mention the mental health benefits of walking along a quieter and calmer road. Pollution is harmful to us all and especially bad for children, the elderly and those with existing health problems.
Here’s the map, let us know what you think, email.
Find out more about how Islington is trying to improve air quality
- Reasons to shop local 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Shop local in Holloway 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu 20 October 2020
- Your community, your neighbours, #YouRIslington 19 October 2020
- How Kelly found new work in the care sector 15 October 2020
- Shop Local in Finsbury Park 14 October 2020