Step down Clean Air Walk
Have you taken a stroll down Islington’s new Clean Air Walk between Kings Cross and Angel? This walking route takes you away from the busy Pentonville Road with all its noise, pollution and stress, and takes you along a much nicer, healthier, quieter and calmer route. You can even hear birds singing!
The route takes the same amount of time to walk – around 14 minutes – and is much better for your health. Taking a side road instead of a main road can reduce your exposure to pollution by 20 per cent. Not to mention the mental health benefits of walking along a quieter and calmer road. Pollution is harmful to us all and especially bad for children, the elderly and those with existing health problems.
Here’s the map, let us know what you think, email.
Find out more about how Islington is trying to improve air quality
- Remembrance Day in Islington 12 November 2018
- Mayor welcomes pupils from leisure centre fire 12 November 2018
- Free training for local businesses 8 November 2018
- Promoting peace during Inter Faith Week 8 November 2018
- Football coaching qualification for women 30 October 2018
- Talking about family finances 10 October 2018