Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park
A new co-working and events space is opening in Finsbury Park to help put the area on the map as a fair tech-hub in the north of Islington.
Space4 will open on October 26 providing workspace on a pay-what-you-can basis, an events series and mentoring to inspire and educate a new generation of digital workers interested in creating social value rather than shareholder profits.
Speaking at the launch event are: Ed Mayo, Secretary General of Co-operatives UK, Alice Casey, Senior Development Manager at NESTA, Ali Torabi, Digital Campaigner at the TUC, and Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington Council’s Executive Member for Economic Development.
Szczepan Orlowski, member of Animorph, a young co-op developing AR and VR applications, said: “We’re exhilarated to be a part of Space4. Having affordable desk and space hire is a great springboard to us. Meeting driven people from more experienced co-ops is also invaluable.”
The launch event will take place at Space4, 149 Fonthill Road, N4 3HF on Thursday 26 October, from 5pm-9pm.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019