Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park
A new co-working and events space is opening in Finsbury Park to help put the area on the map as a fair tech-hub in the north of Islington.
Space4 will open on October 26 providing workspace on a pay-what-you-can basis, an events series and mentoring to inspire and educate a new generation of digital workers interested in creating social value rather than shareholder profits.
Speaking at the launch event are: Ed Mayo, Secretary General of Co-operatives UK, Alice Casey, Senior Development Manager at NESTA, Ali Torabi, Digital Campaigner at the TUC, and Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington Council’s Executive Member for Economic Development.
Szczepan Orlowski, member of Animorph, a young co-op developing AR and VR applications, said: “We’re exhilarated to be a part of Space4. Having affordable desk and space hire is a great springboard to us. Meeting driven people from more experienced co-ops is also invaluable.”
The launch event will take place at Space4, 149 Fonthill Road, N4 3HF on Thursday 26 October, from 5pm-9pm.
- Remembrance Day in Islington 12 November 2018
- Mayor welcomes pupils from leisure centre fire 12 November 2018
- Free training for local businesses 8 November 2018
- Promoting peace during Inter Faith Week 8 November 2018
- Football coaching qualification for women 30 October 2018
- Talking about family finances 10 October 2018