We love our markets: Manisha Patel
We love Islington’s markets. They are hubs of our communities and a great place to meet people and shop. During Love Your Local Market, from 17-23 May, we highlight some of our fabulous street traders. Meet Manisha…
Manisha is the culinary creative behind Karuna, an Indian street food stall in Whitecross Street.
“I’ve worked here for 10 years. I like this market, it’s busy all the time. The other traders are very friendly,” she says.
Cooking is her hobby and she devises all the recipes for the curries.
“Indian spice is the secret, but it’s my secret recipe and I never give it to anyone,” she jokes.
Read our interviews with other Islington traders:
Love Your Local Market 2019 is taking place from 17-23 May with the theme ‘markets close to your heart’. Find out more
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019