We love our markets: Manisha Patel
We love Islington’s markets. They are hubs of our communities and a great place to meet people and shop. During Love Your Local Market, from 17-23 May, we highlight some of our fabulous street traders. Meet Manisha…
Manisha is the culinary creative behind Karuna, an Indian street food stall in Whitecross Street.
“I’ve worked here for 10 years. I like this market, it’s busy all the time. The other traders are very friendly,” she says.
Cooking is her hobby and she devises all the recipes for the curries.
“Indian spice is the secret, but it’s my secret recipe and I never give it to anyone,” she jokes.
Read our interviews with other Islington traders:
Love Your Local Market 2019 is taking place from 17-23 May with the theme ‘markets close to your heart’. Find out more
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019