What our new home means to us
Throughout July, we are highlighting the work Islington Council are doing to build new councils homes for Islington residents who need them most. Miss Muchanyuka is one of many Islington residents to benefit from the borough’s new council homes.
This is what she told us her new home means to her and her family…
“I’ve been living in the Caledonian area with my three grown up children for about six years now, just a few yards from our new home.
“I didn’t want to move because my house wasn’t a good home, it was a good home and I liked where I lived. I had to think about my family though and what was best for all of us.
“I have an autistic son with learning difficulties and our new home provides a much more comfortable and well structured environment for him. The layout of my new home is better suited to our needs. We now have all four bedrooms upstairs, rather than one on the ground floor, which makes a big difference to us all.”
By 2022 Islington Council aims to have built 550 new council homes – providing much needed homes for local residents. Find out about the council’s new building schemes here.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019