Regent’s Canal heritage
Young Actors Theatre Islington is working with Islington Heritage over the next year with local experts and volunteers to capture memories and the story of the Regent’s Canal in Islington. The project is supported with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
They are looking to talk to people who have lived or worked by the canals. If you have memories of Regent’s Canal to share, they’d love to hear from you.
There are several volunteer opportunities too: working with the project, you will enjoy sharing and learning about the history of the canals as well as developing practical skills such as archival research, photography, interview techniques and in providing guided walks.
If you are interested in taking part in the project, please contact Carolyn Clark: 07773 784 517 or email.
- Barnsbury & Caledonian Road
- Archway & Tufnell Park
- Nag’s Head and Holloway
- Angel & Pentonville
- Bunhill & St Luke’s (Finsbury)
- Finsbury Park & Stroud Green
- Islington Central & Canonbury
- Newington Green
- Victoria Cross memorial stones
- Streets with a story
- Islington during the First World War
- Islington and Holloway Fire Stations
- Society of Genealogists
- Regent’s Canal heritage
- LGBT History in Islington
- Clerkenwell heritage