A Christmas Carol
Get in the Christmas spirit inside John Wesley’s Chapel with the Museum of Methodism’s magical festive show – Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol performed by the Quantum Theatre. Suitable for families.
It’s Christmas Eve and old miser Scrooge is visited by four ghostly visitors come to teach him a lesson; his old partner Jacob Marley and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present and Christmas Future. But as Christmas day dawns are these apparitions and their dire warnings enough to make Scrooge see the error of his ways?
“I am so excited to be booking the very first Christmas play event for the public inside Wesley’s Chapel,” says Aisha Al-Sadie, Learning and Community Engagement Officer. “This stunning building built in 1778 is going to create a fantastic and magical atmosphere for this classic Christmas story.”
Adapted and directed by Michael Whitmore, Quantum Theatre’s delightful new production captures all the warmth and humanity of this festive classic.
Where: John Wesley’s House & The Museum of Methodism, 49 City Road, London, EC1Y 1AU
When: Saturday 16 December
Cost: Adult- £10, child- £6, family- £25
Tickets are available to buy online only on the Quantum Theatre website
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Stress-less workshops for parents
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- The Secret Life of John Wesley
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Community bulb planting
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- A Christmas Carol
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- What’s the greatest novel?
- Capturing Cally
- Celebrate a new library
- Switching on for Christmas!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Spread some festive cheer
- Christmas card competition
- A Christmas walk
- Islington on Canvas
- Live At The Chapel