Aikido is a Japanese martial art that encourages skill, fitness, co-ordination and mental calm and focus.
Training involves exercises, ukemi (learning how to respond to an attack safely) and technique. You learn to harmonise mind, body and spirit within a martial art.
Classes are held at Archway Methodist Church, for all level and abilities, from a complete beginner or with experience.
Aikido for beginners on Thursdays, from 7pm-8pm and on Saturdays, from 2pm-3pm.
Cost: £10 for a trial session or £40 for a 4 week course. Booking is required prior to the classes.
The Saturday class is also suitable for children aged 7-15 years-old. Parental permission is required.
Sessions are available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 6pm-7pm and Saturdays from 1pm-2pm.
These are suitable for individual , pair or small groups. Sessions can be bespoke and focus on various areas of training.
Contact Michelle by email or call 07736 813 875 for more information.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for females
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Amwell St Fete
- Junior Explorers
- It’s happening in Archway!
- Fighting Apartheid exhibition
- Islington Great Get Together 2018
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Summer Wellbeing Festival
- Aikido classes
- Library2Library walks
- Refugee Week celebration
- Angel Shed summer workshops
- Music video production course
- Summer on the green
- UCLH open day
- Treasure House pop-up