Arts and Entertainment
There are more than 15 venues in the borough ranging from pub theatres like the King’s Head to the 1,568 seat, internationally acclaimed Sadler’s Wells; from the Little Angel Puppet Theatre to the Almeida Theatre.
The borough’s newest venue is Park Theatre in Finsbury Park. This extraordinary new venue features a 200-seat main theatre and a 90-seat studio.
Whilst most people might associate the Pleasance Theatre with the Edinburgh Festival, the organisation’s spiritual home and year-round base is in North Road, providing a mixed programme of theatre, dance and comedy.
Just outside Islington’s border is the Barbican, one of London’s two principal arts centres. It houses cinemas, concert halls, galleries and two theatres.
– Almeida Theatre
– Hen and Chickens Theatre
– The Hope Theatre
– King’s Head Theatre
– Little Angel Theatre
– The Nave
– Old Red Lion Theatre
– Park Theatre
– Pleasance Theatre
– Rosemary Branch Theatre
– Sadler’s Wells Theatre
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington Art Society’s autumn exhibition
- Islington commemorates Remembrance Day
- Anne Frank and Family exhibition
- Deaf repairs training session
- Glow in the Angel
- Free family fun day!
- Christmas lights switch-ons
- Islington Menorah lighting
- Chapel Market Christmas Cracker
- Craft particles and mulled wine
- Inter Faith Week
- Science Cafe: Cartoon Science
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty