Borrow real art for free
Holloway Art Lending Library (HALL) promotes the work of local professional and amateur artists, and makes their art accessible to local people.
Its collection is on permanent exhibit in Resource for London’s first floor gallery. The gallery is accessible to the public Saturdays from 10am to 4pm.
Lending sessions take place quarterly where members can borrow and return pieces to the collection. The collection is continually growing and changing as new artists join, and pieces are borrowed and returned by members.
HALL is a trust-based project. Membership is free and it is free to exhibit. HALL does not charge commission for pieces sold.
“My sterile rented flat has really been enlivened by the pieces I’ve borrowed from the Holloway Art Lending Library,” said Kris Fowler, member.
Membership is open to anyone 16 or over living or working in Islington, Camden, Haringey or Hackney.
HALL was launched in 2014 and the collection currently has more than 100 pieces from 28 contributing artists.
The first floor gallery is wheelchair accessible.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- It’s happening in Archway!
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Raids, Rations and Rifles
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Fonthill Road Festive Market
- Festive lights switch ons
- An evening of comedy
- Islington Menorah Lighting