Borrow real art for free
Holloway Art Lending Library (HALL) promotes the work of local professional and amateur artists, and makes their art accessible to local people.
Its collection is on permanent exhibit in Resource for London’s first floor gallery (map). The gallery is accessible to the public Saturdays from 10am to 4pm, with the exception of 11 November.
Lending sessions take place quarterly where members can borrow and return pieces to the collection. The collection is continually growing and changing as new artists join, and pieces are borrowed and returned by members.
HALL is a trust-based project. Membership is free and it is free to exhibit. HALL does not charge commission for pieces sold.
“My sterile rented flat has really been enlivened by the pieces I’ve borrowed from the Holloway Art Lending Library,” said Kris Fowler, member.
Membership is open to anyone 16 or over living or working in Islington, Camden, Haringey or Hackney.
HALL was launched in 2014 and the collection currently has more than 100 pieces from 28 contributing artists.
The next lending session is scheduled for Friday, 8 December to Sunday, 10 December, from 10am to 4pm daily. The first floor gallery is wheelchair accessible.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- FoodCycle open new Finsbury Park Hub
- Islington Walking Tours
- Apple Day at Islington Ecology Centre
- Up Against It: Islington 1967
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- The Secret Life of John Wesley
- Families for Life
- The Cally Clocktower project
- Events at the British Library
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Cheese Street N1
- A Festival of Sex, Love and Death
- Bringing science to Islington
- Me & My Bee
- Community Open Evening
- Community bulb planting
- London Horror Festival 2017
- Archway Park official re-opening
- Breathe launch event
- Oxjam Islington returns!