Borrow real art for free
Holloway Art Lending Library (HALL) promotes the work of local professional and amateur artists, and makes their art accessible to local people.
Its collection is on permanent exhibit in Resource for London’s first floor gallery. The gallery is accessible to the public Saturdays from 10am to 4pm.
Lending sessions take place quarterly where members can borrow and return pieces to the collection. The collection is continually growing and changing as new artists join, and pieces are borrowed and returned by members.
HALL is a trust-based project. Membership is free and it is free to exhibit. HALL does not charge commission for pieces sold.
“My sterile rented flat has really been enlivened by the pieces I’ve borrowed from the Holloway Art Lending Library,” said Kris Fowler, member.
Membership is open to anyone 16 or over living or working in Islington, Camden, Haringey or Hackney.
HALL was launched in 2014 and the collection currently has more than 100 pieces from 28 contributing artists.
The next lending session is scheduled for Friday 23 March to Saturday 24 March 2018, from 10am to 4pm daily. The first floor gallery is wheelchair accessible.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Cookery school classes
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for females
- Saturday Night Project
- Songs of Freedom
- Want to play netball?
- Easter Fun Day
- Easter events at libraries
- Mayton Street Festival Photo Exhibition
- Islington In Bloom launch weekend