Christmas lights switch-ons
Tis that time of year again. Don’t miss out on the fun, put these dates in your diary, start your Christmas shopping and get festive!
Glow in the Angel
Thursday 14 November, from 4-8pm
Local workers and residents can get a warm festive glow at this event, featuring light walkers, music, carol singing and traditional food and drink. There will also be something special for all those attending courtesy of the ‘Glow Angels’, from Angel.london, who will be bestowing shoppers with unique free gifts!
Nag’s Head Shopping Centre
Saturday 23 November
Bring family and friends to enjoy this festive lights switch-on event from 1-5pm. There will be choirs, a DJ, music, face painting, mince pies and refreshments. Lights switched on by the Mayor of Islington at 4.30pm.
Tufnell Park (Campdale Road)
Thursday 28 November
Don’t miss this community event from 4-6pm with Yerbury School band, Tufnell Park and Red Rose Singers groups, Hilldrop Community Ukelele band, St George’s Church. Lights will be switched on by the Mayor of Islington at 5pm.
Chapel Market Christmas Cracker
Saturday 30 November
Bag a bargain and support your local traders at this festive event, from 12 noon. There will be festive tunes from Beats and Eats and music by Jonny Boy Moore, plus free roast chestnuts and the winner of this year’s Market Trader of the Year will be announced!
Finsbury Park Festive Lights
Saturday 30 November
Free family-friendly activities and crafts as well as seasonal refreshments and Finsbury Park Singers at the N4 Library. Lights switched on by the Mayor of Islington at 4.30pm. Then head over to the shops in Fonthill Road to get your Christmas party outfit sorted!
Saturday, 30 November
Free family fun with carols from 6.30pm. Lights will be switched on by North London resident and Holby City actor David Ames at 6.45pm.
Archway Festive Lights
Sunday 1 December
Head to Navigator Square between 12.30-5.30pm to browse stalls at the Christmas market. There will be a Santa’s Grotto, family activities, and mince pies. The lights will be switched on at 4.30pm by Harriet Thorpe, pantomime dame Tim McArthur and the Mayor of Islington.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington Art Society’s autumn exhibition
- Anne Frank and Family exhibition
- Deaf repairs training session
- Glow in the Angel
- Free family fun day!
- Christmas lights switch-ons
- Islington Menorah lighting
- Chapel Market Christmas Cracker
- Craft particles and mulled wine
- Inter Faith Week
- Science Cafe: Cartoon Science
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty