Cloudesley anniversary concerts
Local charity Cloudesley has been commemorating the 500th anniversary of benefactor Richard Cloudesley’s legacy in Islington. As the anniversary year draws to a close, the charity is hosting three special concerts with Vox Holloway to celebrate this milestone anniversary.
‘The Stoney Field’ is a specially commissioned choral piece which celebrates the life and legacy of Richard Cloudesley, which has been developed by Justin Butcher and Harvey Brough.
The concerts also include soloists Andrew Rupp, Julie Kench, Clara Sanabras and Jo Marshall, with the Holloway Baroque Players, the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School Choir and Vox Holloway. There will also be an opportunity to hear ‘The Foundling Hospital Anthem’ by GF Handel and ‘A Particulare Care’ by Harvey Brough.
The three dates are:
Sunday 20 May, at St Luke’s West Holloway, 7.30pm
Thursday 7 June at St James Clerkenwell, 7pm
Saturday 9 June at St Mary Islington, Upper Street, 7.30pm
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for females
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Amwell St Fete
- Junior Explorers
- Heart health focus group
- It’s happening in Archway!
- Fighting Apartheid exhibition
- Cloudesley anniversary concerts
- Islington Great Get Together 2018
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Summer Wellbeing Festival
- The Big Jewish Summer Fete
- Aikido classes