DIY for tenants
These free sessions run by Islington Council’s Repairs Team will help council tenants improve their understanding of some common problems in the home and practice some hands-on activities. No previous experience is needed.
All sessions run from 9.30am to 3.30pm at the Repairs Training Facility, Unit 9, Bush Industrial Estate, Station Rd, N19 5UN.
Friday 21 September 2018
– Electrical safety in the home, changing light fittings, wiring plugs, safety with sockets
– Tiling – how faulty tiling can cause leaks, how to do basic tiling and grouting, how to put sealant around the edges of items such as bath, sinks
Friday 28 September 2018
– Carpentry – how to change door locks , adjust faulty hinges, fit draught excluder, use drills to hang a shelf.
– Plumbing – where to turn water off in emergencies, changing tap washers, minor repairs on toilets
Book a place on one or both courses by email or call 020 7527 2903
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- It’s happening in Archway!
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Raids, Rations and Rifles
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- John Wesley’s House upcoming events
- Ice skate sessions
- Galbur Foundation’s Annual Youth Conference 2019