Fundraising walk for the Mayor’s charities
This year Clerkenwell & Islington Guides’ Association, the Mayor of Islington’s official tour guides, celebrates 30 years of bringing the history of the borough to life.
To mark this milestone, and to launch its new name – Islington Guided Walks – the association is holding a special guided walk to raise money for the Mayor’s charities.
In addition to its own 30th anniversary, the walk highlights 2018’s many other anniversaries including 200 years since the completion of the Islington tunnel on the Regent’s Canal and 100 years since the end of WWI and some women winning the vote.
This will be a fun way to learn more about the fantastic work of two of Islington’s charities while enjoying the local history of the Angel.
What: Remembering Islington Past
When: Sunday 21 October 2018, 11am-12.30pm
Where: Meet at Angel Underground Station
Find out more and book a place
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- It’s happening in Archway!
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Echoes of Holloway Prison
- Black History Month
- Joe Orton’s Prank Letters
- Local London Guiding Day 2018
- Fundraising walk for the Mayor’s charities
- What’s on at Islington’s community centres
- Raids, Rations and Rifles
- Performing Production Open Day
- Black Caribbean heritage workshop
- People’s Question Time Islington