Healthy Generations classes
Islington charity Healthy Generations runs projects to reduce isolation for vulnerable people, helping them to stay healthy, independent and fully involved in their community. It runs a range of weekly classes for older people to learn new skills and keep fit.
See below for a class near you.
SING-A-LONG & DANCE – First Tuesday of each month, 1pm-2pm
Free with refreshments for over-60s.
The Old Fire Station, 84 Mayton Street, N7 6QT.
TEA DANCE – Last Tuesday of each month, 2pm-4pm
Free with tea and cake. Together with Islington Libraries, at West Library, Bridgeman Road, N1 1BD.
KEEP-FIT at the Drovers Centre – Every Tuesday, 1.30pm-2.30pm
For over 60s, £2.00. Together with Age UK at the Drovers Centre, North Road, N7 9EY.
KEEP-FIT at North Library – Every Tuesday, 1.30pm-2.30pm
Free class for over 50s. Together with Islington Libraries. North Library, Manor Gardens N7 6JX.
MEDITATION exercise group at Manor Gardens – Every Wednesday, 10.30am-11.30am
Cost: £5.00. Organised by Healthy Generations, held at 6-9 Manor Gardens, N7 6LA. Please ring 0207 607 6444 if you are coming.
OSTEOPOROSIS Remedial Exercise Class – Every Wednesday, 11.00am-12.00 noon
Cost: £3.00. For people with or in high risk group for osteoporosis. Together with Finsbury Park Community Hub, Andover Estate, 55 Corker Walk, London N7 7RY
COMPUTER CLASS – Every Wednesday, 3.30pm-4.30pm
Free class providing elp sorting problems for laptops, smartphones and tablets. Lots of information how to protect from scams on phones and computers. Together with Islington Pensioner’s Forum, 1A Providence Court, Providence Place, London N1 0RN.
KEEP-FIT at North Library – Every Thursday, 6.30pm-7.30pm
Cost: £3.00. Keep Fit class for over 50s. Together with Islington Libraries. North Library, Manor Gardens N7 6JX.
KEEP-FIT class at West Library – Every Thursday, 5.00pm-6.00pm
Cost: £3.00. Chair based for better bones and stronger muscles. Together with Islington Libraries. West Library, Bridgeman Road, N1 1BD.
COMPUTER CLASS – Every Friday 4.00pm- 5.00pm
Cost: donation. Help sorting problems for laptops, smartphones and tablets. How to protect from scams on phones and computers. Together with Hilldrop Community Centre, Community Lane, Hilldrop Road, London N7 0JE.
OSTEOPOROSIS Remedial Exercise Class at West Library – Every Saturday, 9.30am-10.30am
Cost: £3.00. For people with or in high risk group for osteoporosis. Together with Islington Libraries, every Saturday from 1.30pm-2.30pm. West Library, Bridgeman Road, N1 1BD.
OSTEOPOROSIS Remedial Exercise Class at North Library – Every Saturday, 1.30pm-2.30pm
Cost: £3.00. For people with or in high risk group for osteoporosis, Together with Islington Libraries, every Saturday from 1.30pm-2.30pm. North Library, Manor Gardens, N7 6JX.
For further details please email email@example.com
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington Art Society’s autumn exhibition
- Anne Frank and Family exhibition
- Deaf repairs training session
- Glow in the Angel
- Free family fun day!
- Christmas lights switch-ons
- Islington Menorah lighting
- Chapel Market Christmas Cracker
- Craft particles and mulled wine
- Inter Faith Week
- Science Cafe: Cartoon Science
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty