Heart health focus group
Fancy a £20 shopping voucher and a chat with other men about your favourite sport and your heart? Islington and Haringey Councils are looking for men who live in either borough aged between 30 and 50 to participate in a group discussion about heart health.
To participate you need to join the discussion group on the Tuesday 22 May at The Lift, 45 White Lion Street N1 9PW, from 6pm. The session will start with some refreshments and then the discussion will last for about two hours.
You won’t be made to share anything that you don’t feel comfortable with. You will be asked to sign a consent form and you will have the right to revoke your consent at any stage before, during or after the discussion group. The information collected will be kept confidential, anonymous and none of your personal information will be shared with other departments or organisations.
What’s in it for me?
On top of refreshments you will receive a £20 Love2Shop voucher at the end of the session as a way of saying thanks. And of course you will be making a really valuable contribution to efforts to improve heart health in Haringey and Islington.
Why men aged 30 to 50?
Even though many men are in good health, those in this age range are more likely to have risk factors for health conditions and are less likely to have their condition diagnosed.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Jack Freestone from Islington’s Public Health team. He can be contacted on email or on 0207 527 1127.
If you are interested in taking part, but you have a few more questions, that’s OK too. Just contact Jack.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for females
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Amwell St Fete
- Junior Explorers
- Heart health focus group
- It’s happening in Archway!
- Fighting Apartheid exhibition
- Cloudesley anniversary concerts
- Islington Great Get Together 2018
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Summer Wellbeing Festival
- The Big Jewish Summer Fete
- Aikido classes