Highlight Cancer is a free, practical, down-to-earth training course that gives you more confidence to discuss cancer openly with people in your community. It’s not a lesson or a lecture, it’s a shared experience that leaves you ready to have simple, yet powerful, conversations.
- Dedicated training for non-healthcare professionals
- Understand key messages around cancer awareness
- Improve confidence and ‘know-how’ to make the most of conversations with clients
- Encourage people to make healthy lifestyle changes, use local services and contact their GP with any concerns.
The three hour training session will take place on 13 February 2018 at a central London location. Follow this link to register your interest in attending.
The training is provided by Cancer Research UK as part of its Talk Cancer programme.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- The Secret Life of John Wesley
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- A Christmas Carol
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- What’s the greatest novel?
- Capturing Cally
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Islington on Canvas
- Outrage in Clerkenwell
- Archway pop-up market
- Islington Menorah Lighting
- Highlight cancer
- Improv theatre course
- Tintype’s Essex Road