Try kayaking, narrowboating or bellboating on Regents Canal, or just go along and have a cup of tea and watch.
Upperdeckers is a varied programme of watersports sessions for people aged 50 and over, held every Tuesday (during term-time only) from 11am-1pm by Islington Boat Club.
You need to bring a full change of clothes (appropriate for the weather) including soft-soled shoes and a towel, and the club will provide everything else, including free tea, coffee and juice.
The cost is £3 for those who can afford to pay it as a voluntary contribution towards costs.
If you want to find out more call Islington Boat Club, 16-34 Graham Street, N1 8JX, on 020 7253 0778.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Free pottery classes
- Free art classes
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- The Moon Adventure
- Summer holiday fun in Islington
- Flying Families
- Summer Events in Islington Libraries
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay: Music Hall in Islington
- Italians in Islington
- Mboka festival showcase
- Islington’s Big Play Street
- Adult and Community Learning courses