London Horror Festival 2017
The London Horror Festival is back at Islington’s Old Red Lion Theatre to thrill and chill audiences for three weeks this Halloween season.
The annual celebration of horror has its biggest line-up yet with an eclectic programme of 23 different shows on offer, including theatre, puppetry, cabaret, spoken word, body horror, clowning and comedy.
The festival kicks off with its playwriting competition winner directed by the Old Red Lion Theatre’s Artistic Director Clive Judd, followed by horror panel quiz show called ‘What’s the Bloody Question?’
Shows to look forward to include the horror comedy ‘Curse of the Mummy’ from Last Chance Saloon, fresh from their success at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival; The Underground Clown Club with their ‘Knock Knock’ and ‘Who’s There?’ shows; and a comic adaptation H.P. Lovecraft’s ‘The Shadow Over Innsmouth’ by Hidden Basement Productions.
For those who dare there is an exclusive midnight performance of ‘Felix Le Freak’s Shockbuster Video’ presented by the people behind the wildly popular PopHorror cabaret club nights.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Islington Walking Tours
- Up Against It: Islington 1967
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- The Secret Life of John Wesley
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- A Festival of Sex, Love and Death
- Me & My Bee
- Community bulb planting
- London Horror Festival 2017
- Aunty by Company Three
- BHM at London Met
- The See Science Festival
- Written on the skin
- Cloudesley – Cattle, Churches and Charity
- Outcome Open Day
- Aspire October 2017
- Thinking about adoption?
- Fashion Capital’s Saturday Stitching Surgery
- DIY for council tenants
- FREE LSO Discovery Concert
- The London Firewalk challenge
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Youth debate: Islington Faiths forum