Lunch Bunch is back for Easter
Going hungry through the school holidays is a reality for many children in Islington. That’s why the council’s Lunch Bunch scheme is back for the Easter holidays.
It offers children aged 6-12 (Years 1 to 7) from families with low incomes (household income less than £16,190 a year) or receiving benefits a free fresh and healthy lunch every day during the school holiday.
Children are supervised by caring staff while enjoying fun activities with their friends.
Lunch Bunch is part of the council’s commitment to a fairer Islington.
Lunch Bunch is taking place at a variety locations across the borough so can parents can chose a location convenient to them:
- Central Library, 2 Fieldway Crescent, N5 1PF
- Cornwallis Adventure Playground, Cornwallis Road, N19 4LP
- Finsbury Park Community Hub, Andover Community Centre, 55 Corker Walk, Andover Estate, N7 7RY
- Hungerford Primary School, 249 Hungerford Road, N7 9LF
- Lumpy Hill Adventure Playground, 15 Market Road, N7 9PL
- Toffee Park Adventure Playground, 30 Ironmonger Row, EC1V 3QS
- Waterside Adventure Playground, 50 Dame Street, N1 7FR
Fun-packed sessions at the Central Library
Central Library is hosting fun-packed Lunch Bunch sessions over the holidays. You’ll find Mr Fizz the Clown, Magic Billy’s Magic Show, Mona’s Really Big Magic Books, face painting, craft activities, Paul Lyalls’ hilarious Poetry Lunchbox and much more.
Come and join in the Lunch Bunch fun!
Book a place now
Lunch Bunch runs weekdays from Monday 8 April to Thursday 18 April. Parents can book a place at www.islingtonlunchbunch.eventbrite.com
There is no need to book at Finsbury Park Community Hub where children can drop in between 12 noon and 2pm.
Are you struggling to afford food?
Parents struggling to afford food can contact the Islington Foodbank at www.islington.foodbank.org.uk
For more information
For more information about Lunch Bunch email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Islington’s Family Information Service on 020 7527 5959.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Irish in Islington Festival
- Coffee and computers
- Mapping Islington
- Karma Kitchen – Small Change, Big Difference
- Lunch Bunch is back for Easter
- Free Easter pond-dipping
- Inspiring Islington
- Elthorne Pride’s Health and Wellbeing Day
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Library Easter events
- Easter events at Islington Museum