Somewhere a Gunner Fires
Somewhere a Gunner Fires by Tom Stuchfield marks the 100th anniversary of the ceasefire of the First World War in 1918. It opens at King’s Head Theatre on 9 February 2018, with previews from 6 February, and runs until 24 February.
The play is set in the final months of the First World War, as the snows thaw, and the troops desert. Six stories reach their end – the volunteer, the girl in the blitz; the builder, the tailor, the American objector; the officer who can never live down his mistakes – survivors in a world gone mad.
Somewhere a Gunner Fires is based on true events. In 2014 Writer/Director Tom Stuchfield spent some time researching his family during the war. He discovered an incredible story, largely occurring on the Italian Front. Taking this piece of intimate family history and extrapolating, he has written a war story for the modern age – without judgement, and without prejudice.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Cookery school classes
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Islington on Canvas
- Somewhere a Gunner Fires
- Could you be a Parent Champion?
- DIY for tenants
- Islington Reads is back
- Finsbury Park Mosque open day
- Flag football for females