Songs of Freedom
Islington’s Union Chapel is putting on an free event for Good Friday on 30 March.
The concert Songs of Freedom, features the London African Gospel Choir, Akeim Toussaint Buck, Ben Comeau Ensemble, Claudina Edwards, Masashi Fujimoto and You Press. Read more about the performers here.
The evening is a celebration of the resilience of communities in struggle, and is based around the Bob Marley classic Redemption Song.
The event is FREE but you need to book tickets online. Doors open at 6pm.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Cookery school classes
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for females
- Saturday Night Project
- Songs of Freedom
- Want to play netball?
- Easter Fun Day
- Easter events at libraries
- Mayton Street Festival Photo Exhibition
- Islington In Bloom launch weekend