Tales from the Crypt guided walks
Islington Guided Walks is leading an exciting series of walks for adults and families from the Cloudesley Centre at Holy Trinity Church, Cloudesley Square, Barnsbury as part of the Tales from the Crypt project.
This project is funded by the London Diocesan Fund and the Heritage Lottery Fund. A team of volunteers have researched the lives of the people who were buried in the Holy Trinity crypt between 1829 and 1854, and curated a exhibition around the fascinating stories which have emerged, which opens at the Cloudesley Centre on 26 September.
You will meet Beadles and Builders, Slave Owners and ‘Silkee Dan’, discover scandals of embezzlement and breach of contract, explore marriage and mourning in this lively walk around mid 19th century Barnsbury. The walks start and finish at Cloudesley Square, Islington, 5 minutes walk from Angel tube.
When: starts 26 September 2pm, with dates until 14 November 2020
Where: Starts outside Holy Trinity Church, Cloudesley Square N1 OHN and is a circular walk, ending near the Church.
Duration: 90 minutes for adults
Cost: FREE but booking essential.
For more information about Tales from the Crypt project email email@example.com
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Walk the Line
- The Angel Canal Festival
- Tales from the Crypt guided walks
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free programme in Talking for Wellbeing