A fond farewell
Islington Parks Service said goodbye to its longest serving team member this week. After 46 years of dedicated service, Brian Johnson has decided to hang up his secateurs and turn off his lawnmower for a well-earned retirement.
Brian started with Islington Council as an apprentice gardener in 1972 and has worked in Islington ever since. His hands have probably helped maintain every park and housing estate in the borough over the years.
Because of his knowledge and skill, Brian has helped train many apprentices over his time with Islington, many of whom still work for the council today.
Thank you Brian for your contribution to Islington. We wish you all the best in your retirement!
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019