A fond farewell
Islington Parks Service said goodbye to its longest serving team member this week. After 46 years of dedicated service, Brian Johnson has decided to hang up his secateurs and turn off his lawnmower for a well-earned retirement.
Brian started with Islington Council as an apprentice gardener in 1972 and has worked in Islington ever since. His hands have probably helped maintain every park and housing estate in the borough over the years.
Because of his knowledge and skill, Brian has helped train many apprentices over his time with Islington, many of whom still work for the council today.
Thank you Brian for your contribution to Islington. We wish you all the best in your retirement!
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020