A new home for The Big House
Islington charity The Big House is building a new home for its pioneering creative projects with young people.
Work began in September 2018 to renovate an old frame factory in Englefield Road, just off Essex Road, and create a new youth theatre and community space.
The Big House has a simple mission: to enable care leavers and at risk young people to fulfil their potential. Using drama, combined with life skills workshops, counselling, peer to peer support and long term mentoring, the charity build the confidence of young people to such an extent that anything is possible.
Maggie Norris, Artistic Director and CEO of The Big House says: “The young people we work with want to pursue larger lives, fuelled by an expanding sense of possibility and purpose. Our new home will give us the space to explore those possibilities reaching hundreds more young people every year.”
The charity is also hoping to raise £20,000 to pay for a new kitchen and to run projects that bring its members together to cook, meet new people and benefit from the connection and comfort of sharing food with family and friends. Find out more and donate here.
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019
- Interview with Police Inspector Thomas Ashley 6 December 2019
- Spread some cheer this Christmas 5 December 2019
- Our top traders 4 December 2019