A warm welcome from Akeel
Akeel Ahmed, Islington Council’s new Head of Adult Community Learning (ACL), shares his views.
“I joined the council in May and over the last few months I have seen some excellent teaching and learning in community centres, children’s centres and libraries.
“Residents have taken great pride in sharing their achievements, how their confidence has grown and how their teachers have supported them to do what they thought was impossible.
“This is an exciting period for adult learning in Islington. We have reviewed our curriculum and are putting on a range of family learning, digital and vocational courses. We have also recently moved into our brand new learning centre, located within the recently refurbished Central Library.
“So, whether you are looking to brush up your skills, start up your own business, get into a vocational occupation or spend a creative morning or afternoon with the family, have a look at what ACL has to offer.”
For more information, visit www.adultlearning.islington.gov.uk or call 020 7704 4500.
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019